I'm going to be discussing the kinds of tools that you will need to break concrete up. You will need some very specific tools if you want to break the concrete on any given property. There are some basic tools that you will require for the project, which I will be talking about.
Firstly, you will require:
- a sledgehammer is a very important tool that plays a very essential role in the entire process.
- you will also require a pry bar
- some bolt cutters
- a jackhammer
- a pickaxe
- a shovel
- some heavy-duty gloves
- some heavy boots
- some dust masks
- some safety goggles
- hearing protection
- some plastic sheets
- These are some of the most basic tools that you may require when you are breaking up some concrete, wherever it is. Now that you know what exactly you will need, I will talk about the steps that you need to take. Make sure that the space underneath the concrete is in a void. You should create space underneath the slab, if you want to remove it properly. It will also absorb your blows. You should use your shovel to dig underneath the slab if possible. This process is called undermining.
- Secondly, you need to be using a hammer. This is a great time to lay down some plastic sheets over the entire concrete piece, so that you prevent fragments from flying here and there, away from the project site. You should start by hitting the concrete with the sledgehammer that I had mentioned above, near the edge of the slack. You need to strike from different parts of the surface, and, you need to create a lot of cracks. Make sure that you let gravity do as much work as possible.
- Next, if your project needs a jackhammer or even a heavy-duty breaking tool, you need to make sure that you have help from someone who knows what he's doing. Make sure that you hold the jackhammer at a certain angle and make sure that it is pointed away from you so that you minimise any risk of getting stuck or hurt.
- Make sure you pull apart all of the broken pieces. Once you have broken the concrete, all the broken pieces must be put away in a particular place where you can move it properly.
- Next, you should start cleaning of the rubble. One of the safest and most efficient ways of removal of concrete is by putting all of the pieces together and moving it away. Make sure that it is recycled in any way possible. Recycling of destroyed concrete is essential, because it can be used in many other ways.